Specifics about the Objectives of the Program
Revision as of 14:43, 20 February 2016 by Kguettler (Created page with ":The Kentucky State Personnel Development Grant includes a series of research-based goals and objectives for the five proposed initiatives. It is our hope that these goals an...")
- The Kentucky State Personnel Development Grant includes a series of research-based goals and objectives for the five proposed initiatives. It is our hope that these goals and objectives will be a catalyst in this comprehensive effort to improve teaching and learning and support rigorous academic standards for students.
- Closing the Achievement Gap
- Goal: To better prepare all students with disabilities to reach proficiency and graduate from high school ready for college and careers through increased academic (reading and math) achievement and closing existing achievement gaps.
- Low Incidence
- Goal: To better prepare students with low incidence disabilities to reach proficiency and graduate from high school ready for college and careers through increased and enhanced academic achievement, communication capacity, and transition opportunities.
- Objective 1: To develop the capacity of those providing PD and to define the expectations and commitment of those receiving PD.
- Objective 2: To provide high quality, evidence-based training to increase the competency of KY teachers, administrators, and staff to use evidence-based ::instructional strategies for students with disabilities.
- Objective 3: To provide ongoing coaching to sustain the use of evidence-based instructional strategies in KY’s classrooms.
- Objective 4: To increase the use of implementation, intervention, and outcome data to support decision making at the school, LEA, regional, and state levels.
- Objective 5: To insure administrators are trained to support their staff in implementing evidence-based instructional strategies in their school, while ::establishing an organizational culture based on data and program improvement.
- Objective 6: To sustain project efforts after the life of the SPDG.